Media Law Blog One

It's important to keep informed about the news and what's going on in the world, what five sources do you rely on for news?


               Rogue Rocket
                    Rogue Rocket is currently my primary source of day to day news. It's a news organization that began on YouTube and has since expanded out. I personally trust them because in the daily news video there's a clear divide between the news host's opinion, and the facts. They don't give facts based on what makes "their guy" look best, they state the truth, and correct themselves when they don't.
               CNN
                    While I would consider myself a moderate, I find myself accepting the spin CNN puts on their news more often than other sources. That being said, the fact that they are a left wing media source doesn't escape me. They tell the facts in a way that pushes their narrative.
               Fox
                    Because I look at CNN's narrative, I also take the time to look at Fox's narrative. It might be hard for me to swallow but there's truth in their facts as well. Each side tells their own story and the trick is finding out the real medium. This also casts a spotlight on moments where both sides agree or one side "turns against their own."
               New York Times
                    By no means is the New York Times an unbias news source, but I find its stories to be less focused on slamming home a political point. When I want the truth I will check the New York Times. They aren't always right but they've got a better track record than most. On top of that, they have notable tech and business sections.
               BBC
                    The BBC is my favorite place to go when I want to know what the world is thinking about America. Through their articles I can get a sense of how the rest of the world is reacting to America's actions. It is also a reliable source for world news without the "American" bias. They aren't going to compare them to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Law Blog Twelve

Media Law Blog Nine

Media Law Blog Eight